Wednesday 5 January 2011

Not a New Year's Resolution.

New Year is a great time for reflection on the year that has passed and making plans for the year to come.  Generally speaking I don’t make New Year’s resolutions; losing  weight and exercising more never last more than a week or so and besides, having spent four of the last six Januarys pregnant, there is a limit to what I can achieve. 
Last year (in about May, not January!), I decided to start being more proactive about building my handmade children’s clothing cottage industry and this year I hope to do the same, once the chaos surrounding a loft conversion and the arrival of my fourth child has subsided a little. In the meantime though, I will be keeping my eye out for beautiful fabrics, creating new designs and fine tuning old ones, generally looking for inspiration in the world and people around me and reporting how things are going via this blog.
So - Number One Inspiration of this week goes to my friend Janine Smith; not only has she made a truly excellent New Year’s Resolution  - to try something new every day of the year, but also has grabbed opportunity with both hands and is spending her days in beautiful New Zealand making lovely things and writing a book.   You can find her at http://janineaswriter.blogspot.com/ if you are interested...

1 comment:

  1. Shucks! You were pretty much the inspiration for me buying a sewing machine in the first place, so please pat yourself on the back too! x

    ReplyDelete